- About the Website
- Welcome to www.seahubsoftware.com (the ‘Website‘). The Website (the ‘Services‘) You ( ‘the customer’ ‘licensee’ )
- The Website is operated and owned by Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd. Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd. Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms‘) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
- Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Hunter Oceanic updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavors to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
- Acceptance of the Terms
You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available during your initial sign in into your SEAHUB dashboard.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website, the content and all of the related products of Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the content and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the content are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd or its contributors.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd, who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you:
(a) use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
(b) copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device’s cache memory; and
(c) print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or the content. Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd expressly reserves all other rights.
3.3 You may not deconstruct, cut, copy, remove, sublicense or duplicate SEAHUB or parts of SEAHUB for personal or commercial benefit.
- Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related content. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
(a) business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
(b) a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or
(c) a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process),
- You may not, without the prior written permission of Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content or third party content for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
- General Disclaimer
- Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
5.2. Subject to this clause 5, and to the extent permitted by law:
(a) all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
(b) Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the content or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the content or the late supply of the content), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
5.3 Use of the Website and the content is at your own risk. Everything on the Website and the content is provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors and licensors of Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd make any express or implied representation or warranty about the content or any products or content (including the products or content of Hunter Oceanic) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
(a) failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
(b) the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the content, or any of its content related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
(c) costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the content or any of the products of Hunter Oceanic; and
(d) the content or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
5.4 By accepting these Terms you agree to allow Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd to access and modify content within your account including data, images, drawings, reports and all other vessel related information on your behalf.
- Limitation of liability
- Hunter Oceanic’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the content or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the content to you.
- You expressly understand and agree that Hunter OceanicPty Ltd , its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
- You acknowledge and agree that Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd holds no liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which you may incur as a result of providing your content to the Website.
- Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd does not accept any liability for the services or activities conducted by 3rd party contractors or crew members who perform duties as suggested by Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd or its program SEAHUB.
- Hunter Oceanic’s consultation services are provided in good faith and accept no liability external, uncontrollable, unforeseeable factors, which impact the progress or quality of any projects overseen.
- Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd accepts no liability for any damages, loss of data or virus’s obtained by you or your equipment as a result of sharing login credentials or through the use of SEAHUB on personal or vessel devices. It is the responsibility of you ( ‘the Customer’) to protect login information and notify Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd of any unauthorised activity within your account.
Issuing a license.
- A license is issued by Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd as a mechanism to allow access to the software SEAHUB. The software is licensed to a user and not sold. Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd grants you a limited, non-exclusive license with the following conditions;
- You may access the software through the logins assigned to your account. The software may be accessed by unlimited number of users on any number of devices
- A license can not be sold, transferred or copied to a 3rd party without prior approval from a Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd Representative.
- A single license is valid for use for a single vessel and an unlimited number of tenders. Multi vessel licensing must be agreed upon by both parties and documented in a quotation.
- A subscription license will run indefinitely or until a termination notice is received.
- Alarm Limits presented in the Fluid Analysis Module are specified by Manufacturer’s and generally accepted industry values, not Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd.
- Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd reserves the right to cap to limit data usage on a per user basis. If data consumption is considered to be excess or results in limited use for other customers, an email notification will be issued to account holder notifying the terms of the limitations.
- Modifications, Redundancy and/or Updates
- We are committed to delivering a highly available and reliable environment for SEAHUB to operate. However, Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd will not be liable for any website unavailability, or disruption of service or loss of data caused by technical issues beyond our reasonable control.
- Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd will continually develop and update components of its SEAHUB software. These updates will be pushed out to users at no cost and without authorisation.
8.1 Regardless of the payment option selected for licensing to SEAHUB, The following terms apply
- A Hunter OceanicPty Ltd issued quotation will be issued stating any upfront, monthly or possible additional charges specific to you based on prior consultation. Terms of payment will be attached and upon signing, you ( ‘the customer’ ) agree to process payment within the indicated time frame.
- Monthly ongoing payments will be processed by our billing agent, Bill Buddy and any administrative fees relating to late payment, incorrect documentation, false information, will be collected by Bill Buddy.
- The customer has 14 days from the invoice issue date to pay any outstanding amount owning. If payment is not received within 21 days of invoice issue date, access will be restricted to SEAHUB account including module access. For periods of extended inactivity, user accounts and data will remain inactive for ninety (90) months before being deleted from our servers.
- Any pricing changes to licensing, consultation or any other Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd products or Services will be issued by email thirty (30) days prior to implementation
- Termination of Contract
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by providing Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd with 14 days’ notice of your intention to terminate by sending notice of your intention to terminate to Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd via the ‘Contact Us’ link on our homepage or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any outstanding license or Service costs will be applied pro rata to an account for final settlement. Account information including all data, will be kept for ninety (90) days from termination date before being deleted from our servers
- It is the customers’ responsibility to collect any data they wish to obtain after a contract termination has been issued. Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd will keep all account data for ninety days (90) after cancelation with the option to be reused if account is reactivated.
- Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
(a) you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
(b) Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd is required to do so by law;
(c) Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd is transitioning to no longer providing the Services to customers in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the service; or
(d) the provision of the Services to you by Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd, is in the opinion of Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd, no longer commercially viable.
- Subject to local applicable laws, Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your membership at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts Hunter Oceanic’s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
- When the Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd have benefitted from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of this clause shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
- You agree to indemnify Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
(a) all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with Your Content;
(b) any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so; and/or
(c) any breach of the Terms.
- Dispute Resolution
If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sort).
A party to the Terms claiming a dispute (‘Dispute‘) has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
On receipt of that notice (‘Notice‘) by that other party, the parties to the Terms (‘Parties‘) must:
(a) Within 14 days of the Notice endeavor in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
(b) If for any reason whatsoever, 14 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of the Australian Mediation Association or his or her nominee;
(c) The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
(d) The mediation will be held in New South Wales, Australia.
All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as “without prejudice” negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
11.5 Termination of Mediation:
If 2 weeks have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
- Venue and Jurisdiction
The Services offered by Hunter Oceanic Pty Ltd is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
- Governing Law
The Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of New South Wales, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
- Independent Legal Advice
Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.